Thursday, May 7, 2009

Martin Nievera's Philippine National Anthem

I was browsing the net for the Pacquiao-Hatton match when I came upon articles crucifying Martin Nievera for his rendition of the Philippine National anthem. People were saying mean things about him like he doesn't care about the country, he's not a Filipino anyway, a case should be filed against him, stuff like that so, I ended up searching for the video. Guess what I thought? It really isn't as bad as everyone seems to make it look. I don't think he was making fun of the song I think he was just expressing his feeling with it like what people do to gospel songs or what Americans do when they sing their National Anthem. They change the tune to match their feelings. Why can't people just leave other people's interpretations alone? Is this another proof of the Filipino "crab mentality"? They just can't be happy for their countrymen. They want to drag them down with them so they can use stepping stones to reach the top first. This is why our country is not progressing any further. Everyone wants to be first no matter what or who they squash underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment